Monday, June 7, 2010

A word about Body for Life

Day 1 is going smoothly. My lifestyle is so close to the program that the won't be many habits to break, with the exception of the habit of not pushing myself hard enough. There were a number of things that kept me from 'really' doing it last fall when I picked up the book. I consciously came to the conclusion that I didn't want to live such an extreme lifestyle, but I have since found that I didn't commit the program, not because I didn't believe it or didn't want to--but because I didn't want to dig down deep enough to make the change. I was afraid of making such a big change in life. I didn't know what it meant that I wanted to change my appearance. Did it, does it mean that I don't like myself for being a little overweight? And what if I don't like myself? Is it shallow to try to change myself into someting I do like? And what if I decide to change, but then don't succeed? Does that mean I have to live with a self I don't like knowing that I failed to keep another promise to myself? It seemed safer not to find out how I felt, because then I'd be forced to act or live a dishonest life.

But, I'm here now, and ready to make the change. I guess it's true that people don't change until the pain of change is less than the pain of remaining the same. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. Heavenly Father expects us to be the absolute best that we can be at any given time in our life. Seeing where I am now in my health, I say...make yourself healthy and beautiful! You will never regret it. PS. I love you just the way you are and will love you after any changes. It makes me tear up to realize what a truly amazing daughter you are and how blessed I am to know you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete