Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tidbits

Good morning! I feel like my mom when I get up this early. But actually, it's 5:30, which is sleeping in for her. I'll write and go to the gym.

Some more interesting things have been happening.

After a couple of long conversations, Dave and I are seriously considering not buying this house. We haven't closed on it because the seller is a bank that is being foreclosed by the FDIC, so our paper work goes from us to the Credit union to the Bank to the FDIC and all the way back before it's official. We've been living rent free because we qualified for early occupancy, but there's no contract yet. It's been a great trial run, because I love this house, but it's too expensive. I mean, not too expensive to live a regular life, but to expensive to live the life we want to live. We can't pretend that we don't both have student loans and Worldmark, and we still battling revolving balances on a credit card. I just realized that having equity in a house meant nothing to me if we weren't making some serious payments to our loans.

So, we're looking for an apartment. The only thing we'd owe for living in this house is $500 for the appraisal. That's not bad at all in my book. We'll have to see how things pan out, but we don't have any concrete plans as of rigt now.

Now to change gears for a moment. I'm about to go to the gym, but I wanted to give another update. I've been hovering at the 160 mark for a couple weeks now, and been trying to break the plateau. A friend of mine sugggested to start eating as many gross-tasting vegetables as possible, because their low calorie and aid in weight loss. So, I bought some snack baggies and filled then with green peppers, broccoli, celery, (gotta be), carrots and wilted collard greens, which have to be the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. I've also started adding spinach to my protein shakes, which actually isn't too bad, you can barely taste it. I bike the half mile o the gym in the morning, and have started running with the kids to the gym at 9:30 for class. I'm really hoping this will be the week. And that next time you see me, you see me, you'll hardly recognize me! Let's hope.

I'd still like to write about the rst of the fun things we're going to do this summer, like camping, and our races, and concerts, but I've got to go pump some iron, as it were. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I consider that comment a compliment and actually I was grading papers at 4:30 this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think of getting out of bed until at least 8:30 this morning. Surprisingly I made it to work by 9! I have my excuses though... :) That's kind of cool that you can do a "test run" on owning a house. Good luck with all that!

    ReplyDelete